Help With Childcare Costs

If you’re working or going back to work, and you’ve got children, you can get financial and practical help with childcare. From tax credits to flexible working arrangements, there’s lots of support available to make your life easier.

Tax credits are payments from the government. If you’re responsible for at least one child or young person who normally lives with you, you may qualify for Child Tax Credit. If you work, but earn low wages, you may qualify for Working Tax Credit. If you work and pay for childcare you may also be able to get extra tax credits to help with the costs.

You can get Tax-Free Childcare at the same time as 30 hours free childcare if you’re eligible for both. If you get Tax-Free Childcare, the government will pay £2 for every £8 you pay your childcare provider. This is paid via an online childcare account that you set up for your child. You will need to check eligibility.

  • Your employer paying you cash to pay for childcare
  • Employer paying the childcare fees directly
  • Employer paying the child’s school fees
  • Childcare Vouchers through your employer
  • Directly contracted childcare